Confirmation 7th - 9th Grades
Wednesday Faith Growth for Students
Wednesday evenings, 6:15pm - 7:45pm
Register for 2017 - 2018
Students grow in faith through large group worship and teaching, service projects, a retreat, and students grow tight and personal relationships in small groups led by adult Guides and about 50 high school (grades 10-12) Student Leaders.
Each spring we seek out loving and caring adults to serve as Confirmation Guides. Is God calling you to serve in this way?
Students are confirmed in the fall of their 10th grade year (on Reformation Sunday).
Students attend the annual Confirmation Retreat - a weekend of growing in friendships and faith at Camp Onomia.
We have a 3-year curriculum that will focus on God and what God has done for us. As tools we will use the Bible and Martin Luther’s Small Catechism to help us grow in understanding God. We will use songs/music to assist us with memorizing Scripture.
- 7th & 8th Grade, Year 1: New Testament; Year 2: Old Testament
- 9th Grade, Year 3: Daily Discipleship, Questions of Faith, Faith Statements
- New students are asked to register on/before April 1 so that small groups can be formed in a timely manner.
- Returning students are asked to register on/before August 21.
- for all new and returning students, 2017 -2018
We ask that parents do 3 things:
1. Grow in Faith with your Child
- Pray for & with your child daily as it is God who gives and creates faith in us.
- Share highs and lows, read the Bible and then turn your highs and lows into prayer.
- Bible Reading…through the written word, Jesus the Living Word comes to us!
- Use The Faith Five as a format for daily devotions.
2. Worship, Worship Notes and Acolyting
- Worship with your child on Sunday or Saturday and help your child complete 15 worship notes.
- Support your child when scheduled to be an Acolyte.
- Watch the acolyte training video for a reminder of what you need to do.
3. Service Hours
Assist your child to participate in the service projects and complete 4 x 60 minute acts of service. This may include:
- Confirmation small group service projects
- Personal acts of service (e.g. teaching Sunday School, VBS Helper, volunteering in the church nursery, scouting service hours, free babysitting, leaf raking, snow shoveling, food packing at Feed My Starving Children, etc.)
- After each act of service each individual, or group, is asked to submit the Act of Service reflection sheet within one week of completing the act of service.
- Confirmation small groups may choose to do this immediately after the act of service or at Confirmation the following week.
- Confirmation Guides will keep a record of each student’s act of service hours.
Can friends come?
Yes! Many students do invite their friends to grow and learn with them.
For more information contact:
Minister of Faith Formation
952-230-0354 (direct dial)
952-937-8123 ex. 54