Annual Operating Budget vs. Capital Fund Appeal
The annual operating budget covers day-to-day operations, including building maintenance, ministry programs, staff salaries and our annual giving. The Capital Campaign budget enables us to address significant building maintenance and generous giving over and above our annual budget.
2017 Annual Operating Budget
We invite you to prayerfully consider pledging an estimate of giving for 2017 and then submit your pledge:
How to Give to our Annual Operating Budget
You can submit your gifts/offerings to the General Fund in several ways:
1. Simply Giving (Automated regular giving)
- You can arrange for automatic recurring donations (weekly or monthly) from your checking or savings account. This is the most cost-effective way to automate your regular giving and it enables regular and consistent giving throughout the year. Create a profile or logon: Online Simply Giving
- gives you the freedom to adjust your donation (You can adjust the amount and/or the frequency at any time).
- once you set-up a profile you can view your complete transaction history
- If you’d rather not use the Online Simply Giving option you can Complete the Simply Giving Authorization Form; and submit it to our business administrator Tammy Vergeront.
2. Making a stock donation
- Be sure to keep a record of the date these shares are transferred and what the market value of the shares were on the date of transfer to use when filing your taxes.
- You also need to be sure to obtain a written acknowledgement from the charity for your donation, which includes language indicating that no goods or services were received in exchange for this donation.
- You can read more about the potential tax benefits of donating stock.
3. Credit Card Giving
- One-time or recurring donations can be given with your credit card (Please note that Immanuel is responsible for a 3.5% transaction fee on all credit card donations).
- Click for credit card giving
5. Pew Offering Envelopes: If you forget your weekly giving envelope or want to make a special offering (PROP, World Hunger etc.), use a pew envelope, located in the envelope holders on the back of the sanctuary chairs, and indicate in the memo line what the gift is for.
Opening Doors Capital Fund Appeal
2016 - 2019 Capital Fund Appeal
God is leading us in faithfully fulfilling our vision of reaching deeper into our congregation and further our into our community to better know and care for one another. With your guidance we have identified three specific ways we can open doors to those who are knocking and provide spaces that respond to their need.
- WELCOMING: Caring for our space, making it more vibrant and welcoming
- Collaborating: Collaborating with community partners to provide safe haven for youth experiencing homelessness
- Sharing: Gratefully sharing with ministry partners in North Minneapolis
Watch our Opening Doors renovation progress.
Process for Giving
- Prayerfully consider a financial commitment.
- Fulfill your pledge by April 30, 2019 using one of the following methods.
- set up online giving: Online Giving
- submit a check on a weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis
- give gifts of stock, appreciated assets or insurance
If you wish to make a gift above and beyond your regular weekly giving to God. Examples include:
- additional support for a specific ministry
- a memorial to a loved one who has died
- a thank offering
- a way to share in an unexpected windfall or inheritance
Special Gifts can be made directly to Immanuel or online
. Some gift examples and ideas can be found HERE
Memorials are gifts to Immanuel Lutheran Church for projects and ministries which are not included in our regular budget. You can give a Memorial Gift in one of several ways:
- Write a check to “Immanuel Lutheran Church” and write memorial in the memo line and drop it off at the church office attn: Tammy Vergeront.
- Make your donation online. Go to Online Giving (Note: you will have an opportunity to indicate who the gift is being given to honor and you can suggest how you would like the gift to be used).
Immanuel responds to the love and grace of God with wise and generous giving:
- Nineteen percent of Immanuel’s regular offering goes back out the door to fund mission and ministry through the Minneapolis Area Synod of the ELCA (13%) and a wide variety of OUTREACH AGENCIES.
- Immanuel celebrated 50 years of ministry in 2011 with a RENEWED CAMPAIGN and celebrated God’s faithfulness through the generosity of our congregation.