Birth - Preschool
Children in Worship
- We welcome and encourage all children to be in worship.
- Children’s Rainbow Activity Bags, packed with fun for preschoolers, may be picked up by the west doors of the sanctuary.
- Children’s Story Bibles are available throughout the sanctuary for young children.
- Children’s Worship Bulletins are available at each sanctuary entrance.
- Pick up a book or two from the Children’s Library.
- Helps & Hints for worshipping with children.
- Worshipping with Children - real stories from real families.
Children’s Quiet Corner
Our goals are that:
- Children sit with, and worship with, their parents for as much of the worship time as possible, so that children learn from parents how to participate in worship.
- When children become restless and they need to move, the Children’s Quiet Corner provides a helpful option for a brief time before children return to their parents.
- Children be accompanied by a parent who can help their child maintain their “quiet voices”.
If a child becomes particularly noisy or restless, please consider bringing them to the atrium where they, and you, can still see and experience worship through the glass, or bring your child to the nursery for active play. We can help our children grow in worship as we work together.
The Nursery (3 months - 36 months)
- If needed, the nursery is available for children under age 3 during the 9:15 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. services on Sundays.
- Pagers are available to alert parents when care is needed.
Nursing Mother’s Room
- a room dedicated for nursing mothers is available off the nursery.
- Enter through the nursery and make your way to the private Nursing Room and rocking chair!
- soon you’ll be able to hear the sermon while you nurse your little one.
We believe that God’s gift is available for even our youngest family members and that infants and children of any age are welcome at the font:
- God initiates a relationship with us in baptism - we respond with lives of worship and service. We encourage families who are considering baptizing their infant to attend a Baptism Orientation scheduled through the church office.
- We also welcome children, youth and adults who have not been baptized to meet with a pastor before receiving this gift.
- The sacrament of baptism is offered on 2nd and 4th Sundays (non-Communion Sundays) and on Saturday evenings.
- Baptism Orientations are held quarterly.