Loaves & Fishes
Providing nutritious meals to the hungry
Loaves & Fishes Meal Ministry
- For 30 years we have fed 175 to 300 people 6 times a year at Loaves and Fishes St. Stephen’s School (across the street from the Church), 2123 Clinton Ave South, Minneapolis.
- We prepare, serve and clean up after a meal for up to 300 people who might otherwise not enjoy a good meal.
- The time commitment is 2 hours (5pm - 7pm) the 2nd Thursday of every odd month – January, March, May, July, September, November.
- The blessings that we receive from serving are many:
- We are thanked and blessed for the delicious meal.
- There are smiles of gratitude.
- Fellow members of our church are brought closer together working in the kitchen or on the serving line.
- After working on the serving line, Immanuel member Jackie Terauds noticed that many guests did not have adequate jackets to keep them warm on that cold December night. She, George and Mark began the Immanuel coat drive to provide warm jackets and coats from Immanuel members to guests at Loaves and Fishes. In the years following hooded sweatshirts, warm socks, hats, gloves and mittens have been added to the gifts of warmth that are given out.
For more information: Loaves and Fishes Minnesota.