Opening Doors Projects
Opening Doors Projects
Celebration for the Completion of our Opening Doors Projects
Sunday, February 19, 2017
We give thanks to God for inspiring faithful and generous giving that has allowed us to continue to be good stewards of our facility. We have updated technology, remodeled rooms, re-purposed stained glass windows, replaced carpeting and doors, installed new heating and air-conditioning units, as well as digital signage both inside and outside the church. The purpose of these enhancements is to help us open our doors to our community in new and more effective ways, and in doing so, proclaim the good news and share the love of God with more people.
Watch our renovation progress.
Dealing with building improvement projects on a daily basis can make a building enhancement project feel never-ending. Here you'll find updates and progress reports on the "Welcoming" portion of our Opening Doors as we update our building to provide welcoming space for people of all ages and stages of life who worship, learn, volunteer, and seek refuge in our building.
Learn more about our Opening Doors Capital Fund Appeal
Painting has been completed in the Music Room (Gary's office) and Luther Hall. The Fellowship Hall and the Nursery are a work in progress.
Painting & PrepJuly 11-15.
A variety of activities and prep occurred this week:
a painting touch-up in the Sanctuary
painting in the atrium, Luther Hall & Fellowship Hall completed
electrical installations in preparation for new technology
Project implementation will pause for the week of VBS, but planning continues for our other projects.
Sanctuary EnhancementsJuly 25-28. Projectors and hardware will be installed first
equipment and projection will then be tested
following testing and assessment (maybe a few weeks) the screen will be installed
colorful fresh paint was added to the Sunday School hallways
the cross in Luther Hall was accentuated with a light beige paint
additional color to Luther Hall was added
construction of the tech-booth in the sanctuary began
projectors were installed in the sanctuary
camera installation in the sanctuary began
old HVAC systems were removed and new install began
installation of Sanctuary technology completed
stained glass windows will be removed from Luther Hall and transported to Reinarts Stained Glass
Footings for a 10' x 19' storage shed were poured (on the south-east corner of the building). Note: city codes did not allow for a free-standing garage, so the Construction Team determined that a storage shed would be a good alternative.
Retractable screens were installed in the Sanctuary
7 various doors were replaced and upgraded
a card door access control system will be installed
electronic signage at North and West doors was installed
Fellowship Hall carpet to be replaced
Playground was built
September - December
- stained glass windows will be cleaned and repaired as necessary
- windows will be built into light boxes at the manufacturer's facility
- projectors and screens will be installed in Luther Hall and Fellowship Hall
- The Eden Prairie Road street-side sign is to be installed
- Monday, October 3: Sound proofing wall in the Living Room
- Tuesday, October 4: Fellowship Hall and SS hallway ceiling tiles installed
- Tuesday, October 11: SS hallway carpet installed
- Wednesday, October 12: SS hallways carpet – install continues
- Monday, October 17: Fellowship Hall carpet install begins and Luther Hall acoustic panel install begins
- Tuesday, October 18: Fellowship Hall carpet install continues and Luther Hall acoustic panel install continues
- Monday, October 24: Luther Hall carpet install begins
- Stained glass light boxes to be installed